Looking for an inexpensive impressive air conditioner that will save on your energy bills? The Coleman HVAC line of air conditioners is among the most efficient in the market presently and they are made to last. The air cons boast of (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) SEER ratings of up to 20 and have a high Energy Star efficiency distinction. Coleman HVAC units are quiet giving you fresh air with minimal noise. They have long warranties with the minimum being ten years and the premium models have lifetime warranties on the compressors. It cannot get better than this!
Coleman HVAC Overview
The Coleman Heat, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) units are built to meet stringent quality requirements and subjected to rigorous testing to ensure they are the best. They deliver performance, reliability, and efficiency you can trust. Air cons in the Coleman line include the Coleman Echelon Series, Coleman LX Series Mid-Efficiency Air, and the Coleman Comforteer.
The Echelon series has three models ranging from the 18 SEER two stage energy star, the 16 SEER two stage energy star, and the 13 SEER single stage energy star. The LX series and the comforter series have two models each; a 14.5 SEER single stage energy star and 13 SEER single stage energy star.
Coleman HVAC Technical Specifications
SEER efficiency ratings of up to 18 making them some of the best in energy saving in the market. Older models have ratings of 13 but the Echelon series’ most premium model has a rating of 18.
- They have a Whisper Drive System and an insulated compressor compartment for minimal noise thus ensures a quiet operation. This is a key feature to consider when looking for a good air conditioner especially for an office setting.
- Extended warranties on the products ranges from ten years to a lifetime. Newer premium versions have a lifetime warranty of the compressor while older models enjoy up to ten years of coverage for defects.
- Air conditioners have a comfort alert diagnostics for easy troubleshooting. The newer models have an alert system to inform you in case of a malfunction. This feature makes it easier to solve issues and attain an optimal performance.
- They use R-410A refrigerant that is environmental friendly hence reducing the amount of pollution.
- The premium air cons can be matched with ECM high efficiency blowers and communication control touchscreens to enhance efficiency.
- They range between 3 tons and 5 tons in weight. The weight of the system depends on its size and the size of space you plan to use it on.
Pros and Cons of the Coleman HVAC
- It is embedded with WhispherDrive technology to reduce the noise produced. They produce sound of less than 69dB reducing noise in your environment. For an office setting, this is ideal since there are no distractions.
- They are very affordable since they cost less and do not require high maintenance. The extended warranty is also a plus since it ensures all defects that could have otherwise cost you money are taken care of for a maximum of ten years.
- The refrigerant used is ozone friendly, so you do not have to worry about polluting the environment
- Very efficient: they have two stage and single stage energy star ratings for different models making them very efficient. They provide convenience by keeping rooms cool, saving power, and producing minimal noise thus giving you great comfort levels
- Warranty and lifespan: everyone wants a product that the manufacturer can associate with for a long time as it guarantees quality. The Coleman line of air conditioners has an extended warranty of ten years and lifetime warranty for premium air cons.
- These air conditioners are very heavy. Weighing between 3 and 5 tons, this machine is too bulky and can consume a lot of space. The advantage though is that they can be installed outside and do not need to be moved around once installed. However, one can easily solve the weight issue since the conditioner comes with a split system design. This allows for several air handlers connecting to a single outdoor condensing unit within your office or your home. The load can be spread among the internal units causing the system to be more efficient and the bulk of the conditioner can be kept outside.
- The Coleman HVAC units should be set up by a professional contractor to ensure optimum functionality and to prevent damage to your machine. Poor setup not only affects the working of your machinery but also reduces its lifespan.
- Earlier models have less specs in terms of energy saving thus might not be as efficient as the newer ones. The older 13 SEER models come cheaper but their efficiency is lower which means you save very little at low or no convenience.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Coleman HVAC
Climate: the climate of the area you live is essential in determining the air conditioner to get. Warm climates require air cons with higher SEER ratings to ensure awesome cooling. The higher the SEER rating, the more energy efficient the machine is which means you get to save more.
Size and weight: It is important to note that small air conditioners might not be sufficient to cool your home while large air cons waste energy by cycling off and on frequently. Seeking advice on the best size for your home is the best way to buy a sufficient air conditioner.
The Coleman HVAC units give efficiency and performance at a high level while consuming very little power. Nothing screams effectiveness like a quiet machine humming and making less noise than your dishwasher. With its high SEER rating and a refrigerant that is ozone friendly, this machine is bound to save on costs and the environment all at once. With the influx of air cons in the market, you need to know what to look for in order to select the best. After reviewing some of the aspects that make a superior air conditioner, it becomes evident that the Coleman HVAC unit will keep you cooler for longer. Did you like the post? If you did, click like, subscribe, and leave a comment.