Air conditioners are one of the more important purchases one can make. In a best case weather scenario they turn an uncomfortable day into a refreshing one. And in a worse case weather scenario they can literally save people’s lives.
Knowing one can depend on an air conditioner largely depends on the brand. In this article we’ll go over the best air conditioner brands. This will demonstrate how one can get a great air conditioner by going with great brands.
- COOLS UP TO 200 square feet.: Stay cool and comfortable when Mother Nature turns up the heat! This 8,000 BTU (5,500 BTU...
- OSCILLATING AIR DISCHARGE: Inclined top air discharge swings up and down to sweep air evenly throughout the room,...
- INSTALLATION KIT INCLUDED: Slide-together window bracket has click-lock connection point for exhaust hose. Other end of...
The best air conditioner brands are those which meet criteria one cares about. LG ranks a bit lower for some of the more common metrics which most people value. They’re located in Korea, which can make support rather difficult. And they haven’t been around for very long in comparison to some of the other companies.
LG has connections to Goldstar. But they were only solidified as a separate entity in 1995. This makes them a fairly young company. However, they do quite well when it comes to price.
Their price range goes as low as around $150. And their BTU ranges gos from around 5,000 to 14,000. This makes them a good match for people who primarily want to get a good deal and don’t need further support.
- Evaporative air cooler for indoor use in open environments with adequate cross ventilation up to 428 sq. Ft
- Best for use in areas where the air is hot with low humidity
- Recommended humidity level is 60Percent or less for maximum efficiency
Whirlpool is a respectable air conditioner brand. It dates back to 1911 so it has an impressive longevity. On top of that, over 106 years of service has always come from within the United States. This makes it easy to get additional support if needed. And one can assume that they’ll be around for some time to come.
Their range goes from around $300 to $600. And these provide BTU ratings from around 8,000 to 24,000. It’s usually a good value. But they drop down in rankings a little due to over diversification in product line.
A company heavily focused on air conditioners can provide the best overall support and development. However, Whirlpool has a very diverse line of products. Some might feel that this makes them a less the perfect match for the highest spots on a best of list.
They’re obviously quite good. But Whirlpool seldom provides really cutting edge air conditioner units.
- Electronic controls with full function remote control
- Digital time/temperature display and control with 24 hour on/off timer
- 3 cooling and fan speeds.Permanent Mesh, Side-Out Washable Filter, Washable
Haier ranks a little lower on the list due to location. The fact that they’re located in China reduces their overall ability to offer support. One can certainly still expect basic service if a unit incurs damage. However, this is usually far more limited than one might expect from local companies. But at the same time, they have some advantages in manufacturing costs.
Those advantages translate to fairly good prices on higher performance items. For example, their BTU range goes from around 5,000 to 24,000. The prices are fairly impressive though. They’re able to sell fairly powerful units at only $100 to $500.
Kenmore’s higher ranking comes from overall notability. If anyone hears the name Kenmore they’re usually going to recognize the company. Part of this comes from longevity. They’ve been around since 1913. In that time they’ve been able to maintain a highly positive reputation.
Additionally, they’re located within the US. This makes any kind of support fairly easy for customers. They also have a fairly good return on value. Their BTU range is around 5,000 to 24,000. And the overall price range for that value is quite impressive as well. It’s only $100 to $700.
- MEDIUM ROOM 250-350 SQ. FT. | 15' x 20'
- Fits Windows: 24" to 38" W x 13-1/2" H MIN.
Recognition factors in when one considers the best air conditioner brands. GE certainly has brand recognition among the public. But they’re also usually recognized as the market leader in windowed air conditioners.
They don’t offer the best value on the list. In general their BTU range goes from 5,000 to 25,000. And their prices go from $150 to $300. While not the absolute best value, it’s still quite respectable. And the fact that it’s from such a well known brand pushes it even higher on this list.
- Commercial grade kuhl room ac installs in a window or through walls up to 8 1/2Deep; conditions rooms up to approx. 700...
- Optional wi-fi control from a smart phone, computer or other mobile device and smart grid capable
- 7-Day programmable schedule with up to 4 setting changes per day
The best air conditioner brands need to be around in the future. This provides an automatic bonus for Friedrich. They’ve been around all the way back to 1883. That suggests that one can depend on them in the future as well.
However, they rank a little lower on the list due to some overall specialization. Their least expensive models tend to sit in the mid-range. With a BTU rating of around 5,000 to 24,000. And their cheapest prices tend to hover in the $200 range. However, many of their units sell for over $1,000. The upper range sells for around $1,200.
All of these factors make them a company one can depend on. However, in general they’re most useful for people willing to make a fairly significant investment.
- Your purchase includes One Frigidaire FFRA1022R1 Window-Mounted Compact Air Conditioner, 10,000 BTU and One Remote...
- Air conditioner dimensions: 19 in. (L) x 21.5 in. (W) x 14.5 in. (H). Weight: 60 lbs.
- Performance: 10,000 BTU. Dehumidification: 2.7 pints per hour. Quickly cools a room up to 450 sq ft
The best air conditioner brands are those which hit as many important metrics as possible. Frigidaire meets a number of these important points. Among the first is longevity. Frigidaire’s history dates all the way back to 1918. As such, it’s safe to assume that they’ll be around for some time to come.
They also have a respectable BTU range. It goes from about 5,000 to 28,000 BTU. Their high ranking comes from combining these with the final trait. The longevity and high performance comes at a surprisingly low price. Their models sell from around $100 to $800.
The next step involves choosing between the best of the best. Any of these brands offer solid options. But one needs to consider the best match for particular lifestyles and homes. For example, choices of brand might depend on whether one wants a large or small unit.
The best air conditioner brands should serve as a perfect guide. It’s a matter of considering one’s needs and acting on them. Though talking over personal experiences with the brands can also help.