Bosch is a leader in the engineering industry and has done well all throughout the world in various countries. The brand has more than 350 subsidiaries that span more than 60 countries. And when it comes to being a trusted name in the area of household appliances, there is no other brand aside from Bosch that can live up to your expectations. That is why Bosch water heaters are installed inside more homes all throughout the globe than any other brand.
Why You Should Consider Buying a Bosch Tankless Water Heater
Bosch offers their customers a broad range of products and services from automotive parts to electrical drives and packaging technology. When you purchase major household appliances, it is imperative that you go with a brand you can trust. And there is no other brand that is trusted with providing households with warm or hot water better than Bosch.
Bosch offers a broad range of water heater products that include electrical heaters, solar thermal systems and boilers that hang from the wall. Their water heat line includes a good mixture of traditional units that are simple and easy to install, to more complex and advanced units that may require the expertise of a professional.
What Is A Tankless Water Heater?
If your water heater has suddenly stopped working, chances are you have done some research on your options for a replacement. If so, you may have come across tankless water heaters. But what are these products and how can they be as useful as others say they are?
A tankless, or on-demand water heater will only heat up water when you turn on the tap. Typically, most of these water heaters work using natural gas or propane instead of electricity. The main reason why these models are popular is because they can help you save on your energy costs.
Since these water heaters do not store water in a large tank, and there is no water to keep heated until it is ready to be used, you will use a significantly less amount of electricity by switching to a tankless water heater.
The Top Bosch Tankless Water Heater Reviews
Deciding to switch from a standard water heater to a Bosch tankless water heater requires a lot of thought. These modern units can be more expensive than most standard water heaters, but they can provide you with savings year after year.
Here are a few of the best Bosch Tankless Water Heaters currently available for you to consider.
- CONVENIENT TANKLESS HOT WATER HEATER: 12 kW output tankless electric water heater eliminates long waits for hot water at...
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easily install under any bathroom or kitchen sink and get on demand hot water at your every need....
- TEMPERATURE CONTROLED: Features thermostatic control for easy temperature output adjustments to match your preference
The Bosch 330 LP Therm Propane Tankless Water Heater is powered by propane and great for use in areas where smaller amounts of hot water are needed. The features for this tankless water heater include:
- A Piezo Ignition system with push up buttons. The heater will operate automatically, as long as there is propane available. You don’t have to stand over it or supervise anything. Just allow it to run in the background the same as any other hot water heater. This unit doesn’t require any batteries for use or electricity. Therefore, it is a great water heater to take along on camping trips, to a cabin or cottage.
- A modulating gas valve helps to ensure that the water is always at a consistent warm temperature, which is maintained thanks to the various flow rates.
- This Bosch tankless water heater offers a maximum input of 75000 BTU. This means that the heater is over 78% thermal efficient.
- The water heater is strong and durable enough to last for many years thanks to the galvanized B vent. This process, also known as a natural vent, allows the homeowner to send the combustion fumes outdoors.
The Bosch 330 LP Therm Propane Tankless Water Heater is a great choice for infrequent use. Because of its small size, it is easy to transport from one location to another. However, it is not a very efficient choice to use for a large household. The small sizes mean that it will not take up a lot of space inside small houses or cabins. This product is currently available to purchase on Amazon.com.
2.Bosch C 950 ES LP Greentherm Tankless Water Heater
The Bosch 520 PN Therm Natural Gas Tankless water heater is a very popular model. It operates using natural gas so that there is no electricity involved. The heater also uses the modulated glass valve which helps guarantee that there is a constant temperature at all times.
Like the 330 Bosch Tankless Water Heater, the 520 model also features:
- A Piezo Ignition System with push button controls. This heater is capable of providing the user with 5.3 gallons of hot water per minute. It can even do it while starting out with 35F water.
- This water heater has a minimum activation flow rate of around 0.5 gallons per minute.
- This product is 78% thermal efficient and is capable of a 117,000 BTU maximum input.
Because the 520 water heater uses a B-vent, the cost of venting is slightly higher than with other models. Aside from that, most people don’t have any problems with this Bosch water heater.
The Bosch 520 tankless water heater is the ideal choice for small households and anyone who uses less than two hot water applications at once. It is available to purchase on Amazon.com.
- On-demand, continuous and unlimited supply of hot water
- Sleek design saves space and no venting required
- Electronic switch activated for virtually silent operation. Phase- single 60 Hz. Voltage- 208 V. Wattage- 27 kW
The Bosch 940 Therm Propane Tankless Water Heater has a higher capacity than the others on the list so far. It is a non-condensing indoor water heater that is ideal for large and busy households. The tankless water heater can also help you save on your monthly energy costs thanks to the small BTU output.
The features for the 940 ES Bosch Tankless Water Heater include:
- The capability to provide 8.3 gallons of hot water per minute. Plush it can also do this at a 35 degree rise.
- This water heater is 83% thermal efficient. It uses propane gas for energy and provides users with an impressive 175,000 BTU per hour heating ability.
- This water heater works hard to provide your household with greater efficiency than its competitors. It can maintain an 83% thermal efficiency rating and a 0.83 energy factor overall. This unit also features electronic ignition and a patented burner design.
The downside of this Bosch tankless water heater is that it is designed for use in larger households. So, if you have a smaller home, it will not be a good choice for you and may not be compatible with your setup.
The Bosch 940 ES Therm Propane Tankless Water Heater offers users a continuous flow of hot water without the high cost associated with standard water heaters and their large tanks.
This product is currently available to purchase on Amazon for $$$.
- CONVENIENT HOT WATER HEATER: 2.5 gallon point-of-use mini-tank fits under your sink to provide hot water right where you...
- LONG LASTING QUALITY: This electric water heater is easy to maintain and has premium glass-lined material for a long...
- INDEPENDENT INSTALLATION: 36-37" cord plugs into a 120 volt outlet for independent installation or in-line with a large...
The Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater is a portable option that allows you to take your hot water with you while on the move.
This point of use water heater is ideal for use in RVs, campers, and cabins. It is easy to install on its own or inline together with a larger heater. Another plus to this unit is that it can store four gallons of water which is more than enough hot water for occasional use.
Features for the Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater include:
- A point of use heater that doesn’t have to be installed or connected. The water heater is a plug and play system that can be used in small spaces such as underneath a sink.
- This small tankless water heater features a temperature adjustment knob that allows the user to easily adjust the temperature level for each use. The knob can be found in front of the heater and the temperature range goes from 65 up to 145 degrees F.
- The latest model of the Bosch Ariston GL45 tankless water heater features an advanced thermostat and a new sensing probe. The thermostat allows for the heater to adjust the temperature accordingly to provide consistent heat.
Perhaps the only downside to this convenient tankless water heater is the warranty. It is not as great as the one offered on other Bosch water heater models.
The Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater is an excellent choice for campsites, cottages and anywhere you could use a small volume of warm or hot water. It is currently available to purchase on Amazon.com for $$.
The Pros & Cons Of Using A Tankless Water Heater
The idea of a tankless water heater may seem like an upgrade you could benefit from, but keep in mind that there are also some disadvantages associated with this type of setup. Here are the pros and cons that go along with owning a tankless water heater.
- You have access to hot water instantly
- The water heater will last much longer
- You will have lower energy costs
- You can save space
- Special financing and tax breaks are offered
- Eliminates the common Standby Loss Issue
- You will never run out of hot water
- Gas and electric models are available
- Tankless water heaters often have longer warranties
- Perfect for homes with limited space
- The temperature may be inconsistentle
- A tankless water heater will cost you more up front
- You will have a limited hot water supply
- It is likely you will need additional equipment to install it
- You may be required to reroute your gas lines
- May require additional maintenance
While they may not be perfect, tankless water heaters can offer many advantages to homeowners, and may even help them save on their taxes after installation. Be sure to read up on customer reviews before you make a final decision on which tankless water heater you wish to buy.
Is A Bosch Tankless Water Heater The Right Choice For Your Household?
When you decide to purchase a Bosch Tankless Water Heater you know that you are buying a product that has been built to last. Bosch is a name that is synonymous with quality. Homeowners all over the world have trusted the Bosch brand for many years to provide them with warm or hot water using their various water heaters.
Bosch has been a leader in the water heater industry for decades and the well-known brand continues to provide the world with the highest quality and most innovative products to be used at home or while on the job. The modern Thermo technology featured on these tankless water heaters have helped change the way that many manufacturers look at or design newer models of water heaters, with or without tanks.
The tankless water heater by Bosch is an excellent choice when you want to save on your overall energy costs, save space, and upgrade your current water heater. The products mentioned here are just a sample of the many great Bosch water heaters that are currently available to purchase.