Can't Afford Heating & Cooling Costs?

Published by 
Last updated: 
April 27, 2011

Are You Having Trouble Paying Your Utility Bills or Can’t Afford HVAC Repairs?



There are government programs available to provide assistance. The federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, or L.I.H.E.A.P., provides some assistance with utility bills, repairs, fans, and air conditioners.

If you are 65 or older, disabled, low income or have a special need contact your state LIHEAP office. You can link to their web site below or call N.E.A.R .the National Energy Assistance Referral project office at 1-866-674-6327 for more information.

Individuals with a yearly income of $21,660 or less qualify for assistance or couples making $29,140 or less qualify.

If you or a person in your household has a medical condition or are dependent on life support equipment, notify your electric company and they will place you on a do not disconnect list even if you fall behind on payment. Your utility company also may have assistance programs for those who need help paying their bill.




Pictures courtesy of Google Images.

All Things HVAC

We formed this web site so consumers could have an educational place to go for good, solid information.  We are not trying to sell you anything.
Copyright © 2023 AllThingsHVAC. All Rights Reserved